Governor Dayton has reportedly signed HF878, the Public Safety omnibus bill that included five second-amendment-related provisions:
- Barring thengovernornfeom confiscating guns during states of emergency
- enacting carry permit reciprocity with several other states
- allow Minnesotans to buy long guns in non-contiguous states
- eliminated the capitol felony trap
- allows Minnesotans to own and use their federally-licensed suppressors.
This is a big win for human rights.
Thanks to Governor Dayton for heeding the overwhelming will of The People, and signing the bill.
Thanks also to a newly-active NRA, to MN-GOPAC and to GOCRA, as well as to the legislators who made it happen.
And thanks to you, the Real Minnesotans, for speaking out so loudly and clearly.
What does this mean for next session? More on the show this weekend, and on the blog next week.