So let’s see if we follow the progression, here.
Years ago, Big Left, via Big Media, started telling us that:
- Greenhouse gases were going to kill us
- Using energy causes greenhouse gas
- Compact fluorescent lights use less energy.
And as quick as 1-2-3, compact fluorescents became the law of the land (just in time for compact LEDs, which use less energy, provide better light, and are much cheaper, to come along).
In recent years, Big Media has been:
- telling us that current industrial meat production contributes to greenhouse gases, ergo will kill us all.
- trumpeting the virtues of eating insects and caterpillars.
Thus, you can count on someone in Big Left pushing policy that’d encourage, and eventually mandate, the eating of bugs for protein.
Of course, “urban sprawl” didn’t fall far behind:
- It encouraged a car-based lifestyle!
- Big Media promptly started pushing the virtues of transit-based, high-density life.
And cities run by Big Left are doing their merry best, as we speak, to abolish the single-family home, the private yard, and the car.
So – the progression is:
- Big Media notes that something we commonly accept is going to kill us.
- Big Left’s apparatchiks push to make a noxious, degrading, expensive alternative mandatory.
I couldn’t help but think of that pattern when read this.