At the “Pride” Parade in Minneapolis yesterday, the processijon got delayed 20 or so minutes by a BLM group that apparently couldn’t find the freeway.
After they’d had their die-in, they got up and spent the rest of the parade marching a block or two ahead of the rest of the procession.
But not before issuing a list of demands…to the Pride organizers.
Here they are – direct and unedited:
LIST OF OUR DEMANDS
- We demand that Twin Cities Pride honors the legacy and life of trans women of color and recognize Pride as the byproduct of their resistance of police brutality and repression
- We demand Twin Cities Pride combats State violence with the total elimination of police and law enforcement
I’m sure that’ll go over well.
- We demand Twin Cities Pride is accountable for their perpetuation of white supremacy and homonormativity and that they eradicate their normalization of these violent systems
I’m just gonna let that sit there like a big glob of goo.
- We demand Twin Cities Pride provide an exclusive healing space at future events for indigenous and people of color to process, rest, and restorative justice
“Process, rest and restorative justice” – Verb, Verb, Noun phrase?
Apparently grammar is an agent of white supremacy.
- We demand Twin Cities Pride divests from all corporations as they promote the marginalization, exploitation, and criminalization of marginalized communities
- We demand Twin Cities Pride funds and organizes a Town Hall alongside members from marginalized communities including but not limited to Twin Cities Coalition for Justice 4 Jamar, Native Lives Matter, and Justice4MarcusGolden
- We demand Twin Cities Pride provide radical reparations via redistribution of resources and monetary compensation to grassroots organizations of the coalition’s choice
And there we are; good old-fashioned extortion.
My big question: will the left manage to eat itself before it eats everything of worth in our society?