Joe Doakes from Como Park emails:
Former National Security Advisor pleads guilty to lying to FBI.
- Section 1001 is used when prosecutors can’t prove anything but they found an inconsistency in your statements. It was used against Martha Stewart and Scooter Libby, both convicted of lying to investigators even though there was no underlying crime to investigate.
- Nobody should ever talk to the FBI about anything, ever.
- We’ll see if this leads to Trump or his family. At this point, doesn’t sound like much. Sounds like more small fry (remember the guy who pled last month? Never heard of him again).
- Did you notice that the news articles do not contain direct quotes of his purported lies? I suspect the “lying” is based on a comparison of the Obama Administration’s eavesdropping tapes with the FBI agents’ written notes of their interviews. Who knows what they wrote and whether it’s accurate? This is why Hillary couldn’t be convicted – they made a point of not asking her on the record and didn’t take notes.
- Prison is not the punishment, the process is the punishment. You must hire an attorney to defend you every day for a year at your own expense. If you’ve ever been involved in any sort of litigation, you know how much it weighs on your mind and takes a physical toll, in addition to the financial burden. If you don’t fall on the sword, they expand the scope of the threat to go after your family, friends, colleagues. Eventually, they get you to plead to something, anything, just to stop the torture.
- There still is no collusion. Fire Mueller and his whole team.
In many ways, Feferal law enforcement is a racket too dirty for the Mob to touch.