Fox News got busted altering photos of Rep. Bachmann’s rally to make it look bigger than it was. (As if getting 10,000 people from around the country to turn out on almost no notice was any mean feat).
Bad Hannity. Bad boy. Give your radio show to someone else in penance. Like me.
But isn’t the left just a tad disingenuous in baying “foul” at the moon over using pictures to lie? Laura, writing at the Greenroom, has been keeping a list and checking it twice:
- The use of carefully cropped photos to make Republicans and conservatives look sinister.
- Using photos with inconvenient truths like stage management and Communist symbols cropped out.
- The denigrating, sexist focus on Sarah Palin’s shoes, especially shots angled to have someone appear to be looking up her skirt.
- Years of tightly cropped photos of anti-war and pro-illegal immigration protests to make crowds seem larger or to hide the Mexican flags.
- The Obama halo photos.
- The media’s habit of passing by hundreds or thousands of sane people and zeroing in on Truthers and other whack jobs at tea party protests.
- Shamelessly edited video. To say nothing of Keith Olbermann.
- And the most damning indictment of all: the open secret of Pallywood. Instead of exposing this travesty of journalism, our media routinely uses blatantly dishonest anti-Israel imagery.
There is no excuse for what Fox News did, and I’m glad they were caught at it. I’m not aware of anyone on the right defending it. But spare me the outrageously outrageous outrage, lefties. You don’t have a leg to stand on.
Always remember Berg’s Seventh Law – when they accuse conservatives of hatred or perfidy, they’re projecting.