I’m not going to get into the politics of the shooting at the Family Research Council headquarters.
Neither are the leftymedia. In stark contrast to…
- the Aurora shooting, where NBC’s Brian Ross falsely identified shooter Holmes as a Tea Party organizer
- the Tucson massacre, where the blood hadn’t dried before the leftymedia gravely blamed it all on Sarah Palin’s rhetoric
- The Discovery Network incident, in which a nutcase with a gun and a bomb took over the network’s lobby. It was blamed on conservatives, until it turned out James Jay Lee was a Zero Population Growth advocate inspired by Obama’s “Science Czar” John Holgren (at which point the story disappeared)
- the Pentagon Subway shooting, which the left and media (ptr) blamed on the Tea Party until it turned out John Patrick Bedell was a lefty (at which point the story disappeared)
- the Austin, TX airplane crash, in which a lone pilot crashed a light plane into the skyscraper housing the Austin, Texas IRS office. Blamed, naturally, on the Tea Party, until it got out that Joseph Stack was an anti-Bush zealot (at which point the story disappeared)
- The death of Bill Sparkman, which the media hurried to pin on Michele Bachmann, until it turned out he was a lefty too (at which point the story disappeared)
…the media are being very circumspect about politicizing the incident.
Why, maybe they’ve learned their lesson!