As I discussed on my show on Saturday, I see potential good and potential immense bad coming from the Covid19 epidemic. It’s almost like one of those cartoon characters, with an angel sitting on one shoulder and a devil on the other, trying to convince the character of their next action.
On the one hand:
- Americans are tired of their thirty-day trial of communism. Yes, it’s a fake story from a poor copy of Babylon Bee, but they’re not wrong.
- Maybe, just maybe, Americans are starting to bristle at blunt-force government power backed with epic incompetence.
- Americans are realizing the depravity of the Chicom government. WIth a little luck that’ll lead to a lot of manufacturing coming home, or at least moving to better places.
- Some liberals – the smart ones, anyway – are realizing the Second Amendment isn’t about hunting, that it’s not just for “fat angry old white men” (as a certain zaftig angry old white and lifetime-banned female commenter referred to them), and that pretty much everything their “leadership” is telling them about guns, and gun laws, is baked wind.
The Bad Angel
- Progressive politicians are seeing an opportunity to exercise the Emanuel Commandment (“Never Waste a Crisis”), and they’re running with it.
- For a brief moment, it seemed like identity politics might fall ill with coronavirus. But not so much.
Let’s all give the good angel a boost, shall we?