Tragic shooting in South Minneapolis; woman from Australia killed by cop originally from Somalia.
Steve Cwodzinski – the teachers union foot soldier who “replaced” Dave Hann in the MN Senate seat representing Eden Prairie, follows Rahm Emanuel’s dictum to a fault:
“Two immigrants came to the United States searching for the American dream. One came to heal; the other, to protect. Now due to the fear and violence surrounding firearms, both have realized the American nightmare.”
The mission of today’s DFL: Deflect the glare from:
- the problem with police powers, especially qualified immunity
- an apparent problem with officer training (Minneapolis cops, I’m told, are trained to keep their fingers on the trigger at all times, in and among any number of other issues in the incident)
- suspicion about affirmative action hiring in police departments
- the extent to which the mayor and council’s embrace of Black Lives Matter has caused the police to “stand down” – taking action only when they see a felony in progress
- the social collapse of much of Minneapolis
…by jabbering about “fear and violence surrounding firearms” that were present only in the hands of the cop, whom the DFL would have us believe are the ones who can be “trusted” with that constitutional right.
People of Eden Prairie; you sent him to Saint Paul. Take him back.