Joe Doakes from Como Park emails to urge us to “pretend”:
Pretend for a minute that President Obama doesn’t believe the United States ought to be a superpower, that it ought to be equal with other nations (not a big stretch – that belief motivated the Atom Spies to give nuclear secrets to the Russians and no doubt is shared by billions of people worldwide, today). How would he go about bringing America down to second or even third-world levels following the model of, say, Argentina?
- Alienate traditional allies. Check.
- Weaken military power, numbers and morale. Check.
- Nationalize major industry. Check.
- Weaken domestic energy independence, increase foreign dependence. Check.
- Widen wealth gap. Check.
- Reduce earners, increase idlers. Check.
- Use government employees to intimidate political opponents. Check.
- Crush middle class with regulations and taxes. In progress.
- Debase the currency by printing money. In progress.
- Debase the citizenry by flinging open borders. In progress.
So what’s next on the agenda? What will it take to bring the USA down to the economic, military, social and political level of, say, Spain?
About the only thing he hasn’t done is enlist Visigoths and Vandals into the military as auxiliaries.