It’s a meme. This time, it’s from Rev Ma, over at Night Writer.
I can’t help myself. It’s true.
1. The phone rings; whom do you want it to be?
At 3AM? A manageable problem.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
To the little corral thing? Absolutely. I’d hate to make someone chase my cart around.
3. If you had to kiss the last person you kissed, would you?
Seems a safe bet.
4. Do you take compliments well?
Well? Sure. Often? Not so much.
More below the fold.
5. Do you play Sudoku?
Never have. No idea how.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
I’d probably figure something out.
7. Do you like nipple rings?
Not really, no.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
The International Music Camp, in 7th and 8th grade. It still exists, and I highly recommend it if you have kids who do classical music.
9. If a sexy person were pursuing you, but you knew he/she were married what would you do?
I’d ride away on my unicorn. (Ask a stupid question…)
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
“Different” as in what? Catholic? Sure. Atheist? Not so much.
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
“You haven’t hunted ’til you’ve hunted human” – J. Ventura.
12. Use three words to describe yourself at the moment:
Hungry, stressed-out, tired.
13. Do any songs make you cry?
Boys don’t cry. No, not the Cure song, I mean literally.
But occasionally “Land of Hopes and Dreams” by Springsteen gets very, very emotional for me. I’ll write about that sometime.
14. Are you continuing your education?
Formally? Not really. But it’s a constant thing, informally.
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Yes. Every American should. I’m suspicious of any non-Quaker American who claims not to.
16. If your house were on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Besides “a fire extinguisher?” The kids.
17. Who was the last person you shared a bed with?
Nosey, aren’t we?
18. Whom do you text the most?
I don’t “text”. Indeed, I don’t like the word. It’s irrational, but true.
19. Favorite children’s books?
“Love You Forever”.
20. What color are your eyes?
As blue as my politics are red.
21. How tall are you?
22. If you could do it over again, start from scratch, would you?
Knowing what I know now? I might. Otherwise, nope.
23. Any secret admirers?
No. Plenty of secret detractors, if ya know what I mean.
24. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yep. Lost to history.
25. Where is the farthest place you have traveled?
Probably Basel, Switzerland.
26. Do you like mustard?
Yes. The spicier the better.
27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
I’ve come to be a bit of a sleep connoisseur.
28. Do you look like your mom or dad?
I definitely resemble Mom’s side of the family.
29. How long does it take you in the shower?
30. Can you do splits?
Only in Quicken.
31. What movies do you want to see right now?
The new “Bond” movie, and maybe Zack and Miri among the new ones. There are a ton of movies I’d like to see again; Eternal Sunshine, Lost In Translation, LA Confidential, Run Lola Run, The Unbearable Longness of Screening Lightness of Being, and Kieslawski’s Three Colors Trilogy, and maybe Double Life of Veronika thrown in to boot. Oh, yeah – and I think the next time I see Casablanca will be #50.
32. What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
I was sick as a dog on New Years’ Eve last year, I think. As I recall, I went to bed early.
33. Was your mom a cheerleader?
Not that I’ve ever been told.
34. What’s the last letter of your middle name?
35. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Usually six or so.
36. Do you like Care Bears?
Not sure why, but the Care Bears weren’t much of a factor with my kids. Pound Puppies, usually.
37. What do you buy at the movies?
Movies without popcorn are like a day at the range without ammo.
38. Do you know how to play poker?
I rely entirely on beginner’s luck.
39. Do you wear your seat belt?
I used to drive a Jeep, so I’m pretty religious about buckling up. I rarely even think about it.
40. What do you wear to sleep?
These days? Whatever I’m wearing when my head starts toward the pillow and I lose consciousness.
41. Anything big ever happen in your town?
Perhaps you heard about it – the Republican National Convention?
42. Is your hair straight or curly?
Shut your damn mouth.
43. Is your tongue pierced?
44. Do you like liver and onions?
Smell, yes. Taste, no.
45. Have you ever been in love?
Hard to say. I think so, but then the more I learn about it, the less I know.
46. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Depends. Funny people are fun to be around – but I feel funnier when I’m around serious people. It’s a tradeoff.
47. Ever been to L.A.?
48. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
Pay. Royalties are how musicians pay their bills.
49. Do you hate chocolate?
I’m, like, a guy, so I have no deep emotional connection, pro or con, with the stuff.
50. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
We don’t, really.
51. Are you a gullible person?
It’s perhaps a stroke of cosmic justice that, given that I prey on the gullible for fun, I am myself pretty easily sucked in.
52. If you could have any job, what would it be?
Network talk show host.
53. Are you easy to get along with?
As a friend? I think so, yes.
54. What is your favorite time of day?
55. Are you a generally happy person?
I’m especially happy to be done…