As several state flirt with legalizing marijuana, it’s time for a quick pro-and-con check:
Legalization would be good because:
- The “war on drugs” has killed more people than Vietnam, and with less to show for it.
- The “war” has also destroyed most American inner cities.
- The black market has created a multinational organized crime network that Al Capone would envy, and whole soulless violence would make Sammy The Bull Gravano blanche in mute horror.
- Pot is probably less harmful, all in all, than booze.
Legalization would be bad because:
- Stoners are the most annoying people in the world.
- Stoner culture is the most annoying counterculture in the world.
- Phish and Dave Matthews.
Discuss amongst yourselves.