..that the government and left (pardon the redundancy) consider me, Mitch Berg, mild-mannered midwestern schlump and father of two, a “terrorist” these days.
- I am a bitter, gun-clinging Jebus freak: Janet Napolitano has already told the police to be looking out for us.
- I’m a Second Amendment activist: Because Goddess knows the nation’s law-abiding gun owners are getting ready to start mowing down the innocent.
- Pro-life!: Fear me, oh innocent!
- Pro-limited government: I’m a Tenther! I could start blowing things up to educate people about the reality of enumerated powers!
- A “Prepper”: Yes, that’s right – those of us who store a little food and a few supplies and some other stuff aside in case, say, a hurricane or an earthquake shuts down civil order in our society for a while – unthinkable, and borderline seditious, as it may seem that mother government and her law and order would desert the people – are now on the watch list.
“An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handout being distributed to Colorado military surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as ‘suspicious’ and ‘potential indicators of terrorist activities,’” an exclusive report by Oath Keepers reveals.
Essentially, the government is conflating Americans who believe in being prepared for disruptions in normal circumstances with potential domestic enemies who bear scrutiny, and are recruiting those they patronize to spy and snitch on their customers. As potential terrorists. For such suspicious activities as buying storable food. And paying in legal tender.
That’s “terrorist” – as in “one who uses terror to cow people into accepting his agenda”.
When government makes its’ mission to be more onerous to the law-abiding than to the enemy, we are all the enemy.