As Minneapolis heads towards what is almost certain to be a metaphorical and fiscal bloodletting, if not perhaps a literal one, the city is going through its crisis preparedness checklist:
- After nearly a year of calling public safety a privilege, erecting lots and lots of privilege around itself.
- Continue not only proving that public safety is a “privilege” in Minneapolis, but continue contributing financially to keeping it that way.
- Keep on gaslighting the proles. Er, taxpayers. Same/same.
- Transferring more wealth to adjunct members of the political class.
- Focusing on politically correct irrelevancies – perhaps to earn carbon credits for all the smoke the city expects to see generated.
- Ponder turning downtown into a social justice park and business-free zone.
- Keep letting Keith Ellison try, and fail, to pretend he’s a prosecutor, rather than the anti-market version of a personal injury attorney?
- Start reading up on life in Grozny, Baghdad, Beirut and Detroit.
You’re in the best of hands, Minneapolis.