As we noted earlier this morning, the mayor of Seattle is expanding his “soda tax” to cover diet pop1 because apparently minorities drink more sugar-sweetened pop than honkey does.
And the tax – which was ostensibly about taxing people into health – became a matter of crushing white privilege.
As commenter Mammathus Primigenius noted in the comment section, the idea that upper middle class honkeys drink diet pop is sooooo 1986.
If the Mayor of Seattle (and let’s be honest, Minneapolis will want to keep up with the social justice joneses; it’s the city’s one productive industry) wants to stick it to honkey, I think we need to create a list of things that are genuinely associated with
his and Betsy Hodges’ main voting bloc upper-middle-class urban “white privilege”.
I’ll start things out. You feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments. I’ll send them to the Mayor when we’re done:
- Coconut Oil
- Raw Denim
- Beard-care products
- Any coffee or tea beverage that includes more than coffee or tea
- Riding bicycle paths
- Art crawls
- Skiing and snowboarding
- Yoga classes and accessories
- Four year private colleges
- Membership fees in “gun safety”, environmental and animal rights groups and the ACLU.
- Whole Foods goods of any and all types
- Anything purchased from Etsy