I noted the other day that “progressives” seem to have only read-only memory; once they get a point in their heads, regardless of veracity or logic, it just stays there.
It has literally gotten to the point where the politicians and pundits of Big Left don’t even bother trying to convince people with any basis in fact or critical thinking skills; their entire message is repeating Big Lies often and loudly enough to convince the invincibly ignorant and browbeat the underinformed and insecure.
The mission today: add to the list. What are the lies, one line at a time, that Big Left gets the ignorant and the authoritarian to believe?
I’ll start below – but leave more in the comments.
- “Trump’s election was illegitimate!”
- “We’ve got more ‘gun violence’ now than ever before!”
- “The ‘Republican War on Women’”
- There are 57 genders
- America is a racist nation
- America is an antisemitic nation
- America’s past is a uniquely terrible thing
- Trump supported neo-Nazis at Charlottesville
- Socialism lifts people from poverty; the free market does not
- Obamacare benefitted more people than it harmed
- Slavery in America was uniquely more terrible than slavery elsewhere
- “Nixon won because all the racists came over to the GOP, and stayed”
- “Nobody’s coming for your guns!”
- Boys and girls are identical in every way.
- “White privilege”, rather than class privilege, is a suffocating force in society.
- “We’ve got twelve years to solve manmade global warming!”
- “Increasing public school funding directly benefits The Children!”
- Racism is in America’s very cultural DNA
- Religious faith is ignorance – it has nothing to do with meaning, merely a crutch for the intellectually vacant.
- Blacks are more likely to be shot by police than whites
- Voter ID = “Voter Suppression”.
- The Second Amendment was intended to defend slavery
- Rape culture dominates colleges – 1 in 5 women at colleges are raped or otherwise sexually assaulted
- Women are paid 3/4 as much as men for the same work
- “Children! In cages! It’s Trump’s fault!”
- LIfe only begins when the baby emerges from the birth canal.
- “90% of the people want “universal” background checks on guns!”
- “Abortion is about womens’ health!”
- “Trump attacked women!”
UPDATE 12/18: Adding reader comments.
- Trump trying to appeal to black voters is voter suppression!
- “There’s evidence that Trump has committed crimes!”
- “Impeachment is a serious inquiry into Presidential abuse of power.”
- “We must remove Trump to preserve Constitutional norms.”
- The “Scandal free Obama administration.”
- “Jimmy Carter was a good president.”
- Social spending is “an investment”
- Immigrants are a benefit to society (as a blanket statement)
- Gay marriage is all about love. Not politics.
- School choice hurts poor people
- Trump had sex with “Stormy Daniels.”
- Trump paid Daniels hush money, Daniels did not blackmail Trump
- There is 97% scientific consensus on global warming
- All of our problems can be solved by raising taxes on the wealthy
- That’s not who we are!
- We’re on the right side of history
- “If ________ saves the life of just one child” then some usurpation, oppression or indignity is “worth it”.
Please respond in the comments.
Responses that are not direct answers to the question – i.e. Democrat chanting points – will be removed.