So let’s take stock of where were at in the Biden administration so far:
- Our shelves are getting kinda bare. “But Merg – you couldn’t find toilet paper during the last year of Drumpf’s regime”. Yep – for free market reasons that actually made sense. Try again.
- The borders are in effect open.
- We have a de facto hostage crisis
- The Taliban in back in control in Afghanistan
- Fuel costs aren’t just rising, they’re skyrocketing.
- Public education is getting even worse.
- The social divides that erupted in violence during the Obama regime have escalated.
- Indeed, inflation is back for the first time since my freshman year of college.
- The executive branch, which as been too poiwerful for a long time, is starting to act on that fact.
- After a year of government acting like a scolding “Karen” of a neighbor and “two weeks to flatten the curve”, not only has Covid gone nowhere, but the economic effects of lockdowns are getting worse.
- The workforce – one of the four key pillars of the economy, along with land, capital and management – has been “unintentionally” distorted far out of whack, with dire consequences.
- China is ratting its sabers as never before.
What am I missing?