“Protect” Minnesota is having a “conference”, and they’re soliciting speakers:
Well – certain speakers:
The Northstar Conference Planning Committee is seeking proposals for presentations of 20, 30 or 60 minutes by individuals with appropriate academic credentials and/or recognized professional expertise related to the study or field of gun violence prevention that:
1. Present data-driven and evidence-based research or information about gun violence and its prevention.
2. Relate to one or more of three general subject blocks:
• health care, mental health, suicide prevention
• domestic violence, criminal justice, policy and legislation
• socioeconomic factors, disparities, urban gun violence
3. Have clearly-defined educational objectives that align with continuing education goals for public health, health care, mental health, law enforcement, or other professionals.
4. Are culturally sensitive and take into account the diverse backgrounds and outlooks of those in attendance.
The Planning Committee is particularly seeking presentations that address the following topics:
• racial and ethnic disparities
• adverse childhood experiences
• suicide risk factors and prevention among veterans, seniors, youth, and the LGBT community
• domestic violence risk assessment and prevention
• opioid addiction and gun violence
• the effects of mass incarceration on gun violence
• gun violence in the media
• successful community policing strategies
• effective legislation, public policy, and legal practices
Fortunately, a friend of the blog took the time to translate that description into clear, culturally-oppressive English:
Let me summarize that job description:
1. must hate guns with the passion of 1000 suns. Have plan to strip them from law abiding citizens.
2. Find ridiculous way to link gun control to something legit, such as health care and make it appear as yin and yang.
3. Experience with organize protesters and resistance parties in different peoples parents basements.
4. Make sure white people with guns are the enemy as often as possible.
Disregard minority on minority gun violence in its entirety.
Remember – “Protect” Minnesota has never, not once, made a single substantial, original, true statement. This “conference” looks like it’ll push that to new levels.